abort a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuk
Participant

abort a job

Post by dsuk »

Hi,

my requirement is to abort a job when data in a link has reached some threshold. thershold means the percentage of data which is dynamic.
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

u can use a job control to read the records in the link once it goes beyond the perticular level u can abort it,
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Look into DSLogFatal() coupled with @OUTROWNUM and in your case partition number and total number of partitions.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

sagar deshmukh wrote:u can use a job control to read the records in the link once it goes beyond the perticular level u can abort it,
The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u". U is the name of one of our posters. Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange; it is not an SMS device! Professional English also helps those whose first language is not English.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: abort a job

Post by ray.wurlod »

dsuk wrote:my requirement is to abort a job when data in a link has reached some threshold. thershold means the percentage of data which is dynamic.
Why would you want to do this?
Are these rejected records?
Do you want to do this as the job is running, or is it OK to check in, say, an after-job subroutine once all the input records have been processed but before the job itself has finished?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.