data Load in to table partitions.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rumu
Participant

data Load in to table partitions.

Post by rumu »

Hi All,

Could we load data in to table partitions through ODBC stage?
Our database in SQLSERVER 2005.
Could we use 'user defined sql' to achieve the same.

Regards,

rumu
Rumu
IT Consultant
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

what is your findings?
are you able to load or not?
rumu
Participant

Post by rumu »

we have not applied it so far,we need to define the strategy hence I am asking.
Rumu
IT Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You advertise yourself as "IT Consultant". Try it, and report your findings. If it's doable in user-defined SQL then you ought not to have any major issues with DataStage being the database client that executes that particular SQL statement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rumu
Participant

Post by rumu »

Ray,

Attacking someone personally is not a good thing......people may ask query in the forum and I believe forum is for that ....if u r not interested in helping others then pls do not attack like this....

In our client place DS tool has not been installed and hence we are not in a position to test anything.....since our project is in pre-analyse phase,they are defining strategy ...so this question arises and I thought to ask a query and I belive if someone receives such a reply then he will thinki twice before accessing this forum....
Rumu
IT Consultant
fmcmullan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fmcmullan »

rumu, read Ray's comment again.

He is saying to try it in SQL Server as a user-defined SQL statement. If it works there, then DataStage won't have any problem doing the same thing.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

rumu wrote:In our client place DS tool has not been installed and hence we are not in a position to test anything
Just an FYI - this would have been something worth mentioning in your original post.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I would have a chat with the SQL Server dba to understand how the partitioning works in sql server. It might be seamless and just a simple insert would work. The database might handle sending the right data to the right partition. I know this is what happens in a partitioned db2 table. Do not know about sql server.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
rumu
Participant

Post by rumu »

Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments.

In SQLSerVer datainsertion is perfect ..no issue with that ,we just wanted to know if this is possible through DS and I checked it in my friends machine yesterday and it is perfectly working.

This issue is resolved.

Regards
Rumu
IT Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Quod erat demonstrandum.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.