message handlers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

message handlers

Post by bikan »

hi..

I have using job level message hadler in parallel job to supress some of warnings.

I want to know if i import this job from developement environment to system testing environmnt then will the message handler will automatically get imported as part of it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Alas, no, for named message handlers. You need to manage these "manually". Local message handlers are, however, exported.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

I think, if I remember rightly, job-level message handling differs in that it is compiled with the executable. As such, if you release this from your development to system test environment as well, it should be intact. The documentation also seems to support this.
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
CLOPES
Participant

Post by CLOPES »

IF the messages are managed at the job level, messages will be attached to the executable.
If they are managed at the project level, you have to export the message handler file and managed the handler in the administrator module too.

HTH