Sub Routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harish_s_ampeo
Participant

Sub Routine

Post by harish_s_ampeo »

Hi All,

I have a sub routine which retrieves data from a table and inserts into another table along with other job statistics info. When i used this as a after subroutine in a job, it executes successfully, but the data is not getting inserted.

the routine used is :

$INCLUDE DSINCLUDE JOBCONTROL.H
ErrorCode = 0

DwUser= Field(InputArg,';',1)
DdwPass= Field(InputArg,';',2)
DwDb= Field(InputArg,';',3)

JobHandle = DSJ.ME
JobName = DSGetJobInfo(JobHandle,DSJ.JOBNAME)
StartTimeStamp = DSGetJobInfo (JobHandle, DSJ.JOBSTARTTIMESTAMP)
EndTimeStamp = DSGetJobInfo (JobHandle, DSJ.JOBLASTTIMESTAMP)
RecordSourcecount = DSGetLinkInfo(DSJ.ME,"Transformer_6","input",DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT)
RecordTargetCount1 = DSGetLinkInfo(DSJ.ME,"Transformer_6","out1",DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT)

Equate DBstr To DwUser:"/":"'":DwPass:"'":"@":DwDb

Cmd1 = "echo 'select BI_ETL_BTCH_ID from CTRLDB_DEV.TEBIL_ETL_BTCH_ID_LOOKUP WHERE CUR_IND='Y'; ' | sqlplus -s " : DBstr

Call DSExecute('UV',Cmd1,Result1,Status)

Er = Index (Result1,"ERROR",1)

If Er <> 0 then

Call DSLogWarn("Error occured while accessing the TEBIL_ETL_BTCH_ID_LOOKUP TABLE, Status = 2 [Aborted]","Check")

End ;

Batchid=Result1

Cmd2 = "echo 'insert into CTRLDB_DEV.TJALL_JOB_AUDIT_LOG (BI_ETL_BTCH_ID,JOB_ID,RUN_ID,LOAD_UTIL_NM,STRT_DT,END_DT,READ_REC_COUNT,INS_REC_COUNT)
Values (" : Batchid : ", '1000'," : StartTimeStamp : ", " : JobName : "," : StartTimeStamp : "," : EndTimeStamp : "," : RecordSourcecount : "," : RecordTargetCount1 :");' | sqlplus -s " : DBstr

Call DSExecute('UNIX',Cmd2,Result2,Status)

Er = Index (Result2,"ERROR",1)

If Er <> 0 then

Call DSLogWarn("Error occured while accessing the AUDIT TABLE, Status = 2 [Aborted]","Check")

End ;

Ans = Status

I also tried writing the output of all the statistics values, result1 into a text file , the statistics values are getting loaded correctly but value of result1 is giving error as 'Verb echo not in VOC'.

the database used is Teradata, so also i have a doubt about the way i am connecting in the routine.

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Harish
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Code: Select all

Call DSExecute('UV',Cmd1,Result1,Status)
You meant UNIX instead of UV here didn't you?

Mike
harish_s_ampeo
Participant

Post by harish_s_ampeo »

I tried with both the options -- UNIX and UV...

Both are not working.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Biggest problem? Trying to use sqlplus to connect to Teradata. That would be for Oracle, sorry no clue what the Teradata equivalent would be but it ain't that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: OK, by now you've discovered 'bteq' and jumped into a couple of other people's posts. Let's come back here.

Do you not have access to Teradata people where you work that could help you with the syntax you need to accomplish this? It really has nothing to do with DataStage - first get your 'script' working outside of DataStage, after that running it from inside the tool is the easy part.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers