Stopping DS gracefully

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Terala
Premium Member
Premium Member

Stopping DS gracefully

Post by Terala »

I need to recycle DataStage Server but there is one Established connection which I am unable to kill.

bin/uv -admin -info shows no DataStage process
DS-TOOLS shows no locks or active semaphores
ipcs command shows no memory shared segments

But when I execute netstat -an|grep 31538, there is one established connection. I tried to kill it by executing lsof -i tcp:31538 ( got the PID),
tried to kill the PID but still the established connection is there.

what else left? reboot unix?

thanks
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

You should do "lsof -P |grep 31538" first to get the process ID, then issue the "kill" of that process ID.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the state of the connection as shown by netstat -a? On some OS's these hanging connections will timeout automatically after a lengthy period (I think it might be 45 minutes by default on AIX) and on others, notably HP-UX, these sessions will not timeout and a reboot might be the only option.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You should get one process with your netstat query. This is the dsrpcd process - it should be there, with a state of LISTENING. You can shut down gracefully if this is the only process on port 31538.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.