PX routine to pick the previously stored value in seq. file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

PX routine to pick the previously stored value in seq. file

Post by saraswati »

Hi,

Can anyone pls let me know how to extract the date value stored in the sequential file which is to be used as the parameter for the next job? Can it be achievable with routine and user variable activiy in the sequence job? If so can u pls brief on the routine?

Thanks
Saraswati
dr.murthy
Participant

Re: PX routine to pick the previously stored value in seq. f

Post by dr.murthy »

saraswati wrote:Hi,

Can anyone pls let me know how to extract the date value stored in the sequential file which is to be used as the parameter for the next job? Can it be achievable with routine and user variable activiy in the sequence job? If so can u pls brief on the routine?

Thanks
Saraswati
hi,

its possiblw with user variable avtivity in the job sequence no need to write any routines.
D.N .MURTHY
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Typically, one would explain the how of something, not simply state that it can be done.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the file contain just the date, or is there other information also in the file? There is a very recent Webinar (at www.dsxchange.net) on the very topic of processing data in files from job sequences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by saraswati »

ray.wurlod wrote:Does the file contain just the date, or is there other information also in the file? There is a very recent Webinar (at www.dsxchange.net) on the very topic of processing data in files from job sequences.
The file contains only the date. can u pls brief me how it can be done with user variable activity?
laknar
Participant

Post by laknar »

have a user variable activity and declare a variable

extract the date value from file

Make sure before user variable stage use exec command stage to display the value from file
Regards
LakNar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

saraswati wrote:The file contains only the date. can u pls brief me how it can be done with user variable activity?
U is currently working on a server edition site. I don't believe U has ever worked in the enterprise edition environment.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u". Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. Doing so assists those whose first language is not English.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.