Datastage8 Installation problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kishore2456
Participant

Datastage8 Installation problem

Post by kishore2456 »

Hi,

I'm trying to install datastage8 in the following environment.

Windows 2003 server edition SP2
Sql server 2005 Enterprise edition
Visual C++ .NET 2003

When i started installation in quits saying that failed as system doesnt meet requirements for db2 installation. From installation guide, i understood that its not necessary to have db2, if i have sql server 2005 / oracle 10g for metadata repository. Correct me if i wrong. Can you please tell me wat was the problem in installtion
FD
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Uncheck the repository box during the installation of the suite since you are going to use SQL server or Oracle. Also, read the README-DataBaseSupport.txt file.
kishore2456
Participant

Post by kishore2456 »

In that case how can i install my repository? Do i have to run the installation agin. Can u pls tell me the procedure..
FD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt it, because U is currently working on a server-only site.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you".

There are scripts supplied for creating the common repository in Oracle or SQL Server, and these scripts are documented in the installation notes and manual. I guess it's time for you to RTFM (as they say).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

If you haven't been through the pre-install check list it is unlikely your install will work. Have a read of the Install and Upgrade Guide and release notes and make sure you have all the required windows components and users. This guide will point you to the SQL script that prepares your repository database.