ODBC connectivity to datastage server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

ODBC connectivity to datastage server

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
Can any one tell me the steps of ODBC connectivity to datasgate server(my datastage PX server version is 7.5.1)?

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you mean TO your DataStage server from something external, or from your DataStage server to some data source?

The first would require an ODBC driver for DataStage Engine, and no such animal exists. Nor is ever likely to.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

ray.wurlod wrote:Do you mean TO your DataStage server from something external, or from your DataStage server to some data source?

The first would require an ODBC driver for DataStage Engine, and no such animal exis ...
Data stage server means it is server to some data source and from where i can get ODBC driver,is it autometically installed during datastage installation...???
vasa_dxx
Participant

Post by vasa_dxx »

You need to explicitly Install ODBC pack for different DBs. For Eg: MS Excel, Oracle, Teradata etc.
Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

vasa_dxx wrote:You need to explicitly Install ODBC pack for different DBs. For Eg: MS Excel, Oracle, Teradata etc.
Thanks for Quick reply,is it not available with datastage packages..???
vasa_dxx
Participant

Post by vasa_dxx »

check in ODBC admin for available ODBC drivers installed
Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Many ODBC drivers (sourced from DataDirect) ship with DataStage; these are to be found in a directory called branded_odbc. There are plenty of "read me" files there. For any other connectivity you will need to obtain UNIX-based ODBC drivers; there are several vendors which a simple internet search should be able to find.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.