multiple job run

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

multiple job run

Post by kirankota79 »

Hi,

Like we have multiple job compile, do we have a multiple job run?
I don't want to press the run button for each job. I know we can use sequencer for this. But i am looking for which i can do this without sequencer.

For each table i have 2 jobs, job1 and job2. I want all the job1s to run/execute first and then job2s. There are around 300 tables, that means 300 job1s and 300 job2s. Please let me know if there is an easy way to do this.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll need some form of job control for that. Simplest would be to build the Sequence jobs you'd need, even if that is 300. Or if you have a generic dsjob wrapper script, perhaps one Sequence job that takes two job names as parameters and uses the Execute Command stage to run them, one after the other.

Of course, this can all be done in BASIC, so either a custom routine that can handle running any job via a Routine Activity stage, or write it all yourself. Hand coded job control gives you the most flexibility but requires skill in that area and makes maintenance a little more of an issue.

And in any except the first approach, you'll need to handle a dynamic list of parameter values.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers