IIS v8.1 - How much improved vs IIS V8.0.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

IIS v8.1 - How much improved vs IIS V8.0.1

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Could I get a feedback on performance of IIS v8.1 as against v8.0.1. I heard the new version resolved most of the memory constraints and has lot of enhancements for Information Analyzer, Metadata Work bench and even DataStage. Is this all true and do we have to pay for any of the add-on features likes 'Balanced Optimization' ?

How smooth is the upgrade from v8.0.1 to v8.1 ?

Could someone who installed and using v8.1 please give me their feed back?

We are ready to implement our project in 8.0.1 in Suse Linux 64 bit but would like to upgrade to v8.1 if it is more stabilized.

Many Thanks,

Aruna.
cppwiz
Participant

Post by cppwiz »

We attempted an upgrade from v8.0.1 to v8.1 on AIX and it wasn't smooth. We have multiple support cases currently open with IBM to try to get the system upgraded.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I tried a windows upgrades from 8.0.1 to 8.1 and it failed but a new 8.1 install on RedHat worked. I would class the metadata tools in version 8.0.1 as close to beta software and 8.1 as the first robust versions. There is an upgrade document and checklist and you might have more luck if you follow all the steps.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Thank you for your feedback cppwiz and vmcburney. It is good to know that the upgrade was smooth on RedHat as we are also thinking of switching the OS from SuSe to either RedHat or AIX for better support.

Regards,

Aruna.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It wasn't an upgrade - it was a new install.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

I am still happy with the feedback Ray, whether it is upgrade or Install as we are not sure which way to go yet.

We may upgrade existing SuSe or go for a new install in RedHat or AIX.

Thanks,

Aruna.