Transformer compilation issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sinhasaurabh014
Participant

Transformer compilation issue

Post by sinhasaurabh014 »

I did a search with ".NET 2003" and found many results that should have solved my issue. I also followed many suggestions but no luck.

I already had DS 7.5x2 on XP SP2 with VC++ 2005 Express edition. Quite reasonable that despite everything i did, (including John Smiths solution) i couldn't make my transformer work--reason because probably DS7.5x2 is too stubborn for MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 C++.

Then i installed VS .net 2003 upto second step(from the setup.exe-that is left MSDN library setup) but still my transformer did not work.
My job design is SEQUENTIAL--->TRANSFORMER---->SEQUENTIAL
I got continuous errors like

Code: Select all

##I TOSH 000002 17:08:56(000) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 17:09:01(000) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 17:09:02(000) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##W TFPA 000012 17:09:03(000) <main_program> Warning: the PWD environment variable is not defined. Remote process startup may be unsuccessful as a result.If your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up correctly, please set your PWD variable to a value that will work on all nodes of your system.
##E TBLD 000000 17:10:57(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 256
##E TFSR 000019 17:10:58(000) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W TFCP 000000 17:10:58(001) <transform> Error when checking composite operator:  The number of reject datasets "0"is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##I TFCP 000008 17:10:58(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: cxx -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c  -O   -IC:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/include  C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/TEST/RT_BP2.O/V0S7_SeqToSeqTRX_Transformer_7.C -o C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/TEST/RT_BP2.O/V0S7_SeqToSeqTRX_Transformer_7.tmp.o
##I TBLD 000000 17:10:58(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: NuTCRACKER not properly installed.  The pathname:
    C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/include/include
is missing from the 'Include' environment variable.

##E TCOS 000029 17:10:58(004) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED (SeqToSeqTRX.Transformer_7)
I went to environment variables and added C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/include/include to the Include environment variable both in the system variables and the user variables. However, I still got the same errors.

Then in one of the posts, i read we should enable the "remote execution checkbox" in the administrator. After that my job compiled successfully but always aborted saying 'something like' V0S2 Transformer could not be found in the given PATH variable.(I wish I had copied the error message to some notepad.)

So I unistalled everything---VC++2005 EXpress edition, VS .NET 2003, DS Server, MKS toolkit, DS Client in the same order. Then i went to regedit and deleted entries in "LocalMachine" and "CurrentUser" tree for all Ascential related Software, Data Focus and Mortice Kern Systems.
Then i rebooted my system and performed "CHKDSK" on both the drives of my hard disk.
Then i again rebooted my system and installed VS .net 2003 C++ and .net framework. I rebooted my system again. Then I installed DS server and client and again i rebooted my system. Finally i thought my transformer will work....but it still doesn't. It throws the same error as in code block...include variable problem.

Now when i check the "enable remote execution" the job doesn't compile as it doesn't find the C++ compilers.(as against in the past it was compiling but not running).

The most disturbing part is that when i was attending a trainig, i had installed vs .net and DS server and client and made the transformer work. I also helped one of my friends with the same thing on his laptop. Now i am tied up....

I am pasting below in the code the output of env variable.

Code: Select all

ALLUSERSPROFILE=D:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=D:\Documents and Settings\saurabh.sinha\Application Data
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=B3B-2F082-81C7
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
DSPackagePath=C:\Ascential\DataStage\Package
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOME=D:\Documents and Settings\saurabh.sinha
HOMEDRIVE=D:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\saurabh.sinha
Include=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\include\;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/include/include
JSERV=D:\oracle\ora92/Apache/Jserv/conf
LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Lib\
LOGONSERVER=\\BG3ADC3W
MAN_CHM_INDEX=C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/mksnt/tkutil.idx;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/mksnt/tkapi.idx;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/mksnt/tcltk.idx;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/mksnt/tkperl.idx
MAN_TXT_INDEX=C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/tkutil.idx;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/tkapi.idx;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/tcltk.idx;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/tkperl.idx
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
NUTCROOT=C:\PROGRA~1\MKSTOO~1;C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/include
OS=Windows_NT
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.sh;.ksh;.csh;.sed;.awk;.pl
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0209
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
ROOTDIR=C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1
SESSIONNAME=Console
SHELL=C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/mksnt/sh.exe
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=D:\DOCUME~1\SAURAB~1.SIN\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=D:\DOCUME~1\SAURAB~1.SIN\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDNSDOMAIN=GDNINDIA.COM
USERDOMAIN=GDNINDIA
USERNAME=saurabh.sinha
USERPROFILE=D:\Documents and Settings\saurabh.sinha
VS71COMNTOOLS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\
WF_RESOURCES=D:\oracle\ora92\WF\RES\WFus.RES
windir=C:\WINDOWS
WV_GATEWAY_CFG=D:\oracle\ora92\Apache\modplsql\cfg\wdbsvr.app
PATH=C:\PROGRA~1\MKSTOO~1\mksnt;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\;D:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;d:\data\notes;c:\program files\notes;C:\Program Files\MKS Toolkit\etc\nutccg;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE
Can somebody please suggest how i can proceed now.
In one of the posts that is "step by step to run c++ routines" the author had mentioned this issue.....but even following that has not given any results.
Please somebody suggest.
dsuk
Participant

Post by dsuk »

if you have server and client in one machine. then follow the steps to work transformer perfectly.
1. install win 2003
2. install .net 2003
3. install datastage server and client.