Calling Unix command from User variable activity stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajudx
Participant

Calling Unix command from User variable activity stage

Post by rajudx »

Hi,

I need to call the one UNIX command and I have to use that command result in nested condition stage.Is it possible to call the UNIX command from user variable activity stage.Please provide the syntax.

Thanks,
N.Raju.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Why not just call the UNIX command from a command stage, then refer to the result in your user variable activity stage.
rajudx
Participant

Re: Calling Unix command from User variable activity stage

Post by rajudx »

Hi ArndW,

If i will call the Unix command from command satge how can I capture the command stage result into User variable activity stage.

Thanks,
N.Raju
Ran
rajudx
Participant

Post by rajudx »

Hi ArndW,

If i will call the Unix command from command satge how can I capture the command stage result into User variable activity stage.

Thanks,
N.Raju
Ran
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In the user-variable stage, use the drop-down select list in the derivation to get the return value from your UNIX command stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

rajudx wrote:Hi ArndW,

Thanks,
N.Raju
Using the Execute Command activity's $CommandOutput activity variable in the definition of the user variable. You may need to remove field mark (@FM) characters from that output.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.