XML File Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What character set is your source XML file in? What is your DataStage NLS character set? Once you know those 2 answers you will know how to fix your problem.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

sequential file stage.
venki
Participant

Post by venki »

ArndW wrote:sequential file stage. ...
Hi,

I have modified job with Sequential file stage, Job Strucure is :
Sequential File Stage-->XML input Stage-->Dataset/Sequential file stage.
But this job is getting aborted and giving following error message:-

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=/dsprojects/edw_phase2/<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

But my old job is eorked fine. This job structure is
RowGeneratorStage(Dummy)-->TransformerStage-->XML InputStage-->Dataset.
Can any one give any idea why the job behavis like this?

Thanks in advance.
venki
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Reading XML documents with the sequential stage (and getting them in the correct format for the XMLInput Stage) can be challenging.....

I have to read between the lines a bit here, but I don't think Arnd was suggesting you use the sequential stage necessarily for your solution --- but to use the sequential stage to do some debugging. If you read the xml document with the sequential stage...just read it in and then Peek parts of it, or write it to another file, do you get the character set correctly? The goal is to determine whether the xml parser is causing the corruption of the symbol.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>