DS Warning:Sort key no longer exists in dataset schema

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhishekachrekar
Participant

DS Warning:Sort key no longer exists in dataset schema

Post by abhishekachrekar »

Hi,

I am getthing the following warning in one of my jobs:

main_program: Sort key "MCACC" no longer exists in dataset schema. It will be dropped from the inserted sortmerge collector
main_program: There are no sort keys in the dataset schema. No sortmerge collector will be inserted.

In this job, I am doing the following:
1> Reading 2 pipe delimited files.
2> Doing an inner Join between them with "MCACC" as the Join key. One of the input file has a field MGACC which is renamed to MCACC before the join.
3> After the join, I split the post join data into 11 output links which write data into 8 sequential files.
4> Few output links are concatenated using funnel stages to write in a single file.
5> The output files do not contain this field MCACC, but it is part of the composite key (derived by concatenating 2-3 fields).

There are 2 other jobs same as this job. 1 job is running fine but the other one is giving the same warning.

I had replicated these 2 jobs (which are throwing this warning) from the one which is running fine.

Please help me in removing this warning.

Regards,
Abhishek
Regards,
Abhishek
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The once job that is working as you expect is probably doing so because it is using runtime column propagation and the column actually does still exist in the data stream.
abhishekachrekar
Participant

Hi ArndW,

The runtime column propagation has been disabled in the job which is running fine.
Also the output files of this job doesn't have this field MCACC.

In the first job (which runs fine) the output files are overwritten.
While in the other 2 jobs (with warnings) I am appending the output to the same files.

Regards,
Abhishek
Regards,
Abhishek
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In that case, look at the schema of the existing files (either in the Director with Tools -> Data Set Management, or via the orchadmin command line tool) and most likely you will see mismatching metadata.[/i]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check whether there's a Sort/Merge collector that specifies this column as Key in your job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhishekachrekar
Participant

There isn't any Sort/Merge Collectore with this column "MCACC" as the key.

Thankfully this issue is fixed now.

I have changed the Join key name from "MCACC" to "MCACC_KEY" (in both the left and right links) and I am not getting this warning anymore.

Thanks a lot for help.

Regards,
Abhishek
Regards,
Abhishek