Job Sequencer question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mydsworld
Participant

Job Sequencer question

Post by mydsworld »

Can I call a job in DS Sequence with the warning limit set to 'No limit'. If yes, how.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

By default, all Job Activity stages inherit their Warning Limit from the calling Sequence. So you could do that for all by starting the Sequence with no warning limit, but you couldn't do that for one Job Activity stage out of the group.

AFAIK, you'd either need to use an Execute Command stage to run the job using the 'dsjob' command so you could include "-warn 0" on the command line or write a routine that runs the job and use the DSSetJobLimit() function to set DSJ.LIMITWARN to 0 before you ran the job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

And If I want to suppress the warnings in the Sequence itself then is this the compilation option to do this :

Uncheck 'Log warnings after activities that finish with status other than OK' in Job property of the Sequence.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What Sequence warnings are you trying to suppress? That option won't stop normal Sequence errors/warnings from being logged, but rather not log problems from the activities the Sequence ran.
-craig

mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

Actually I have a job that throws warnings (valid for now) and since the number of records is huge so it exceeds warning limit and gets aborted.This job is being called from within a Sequence.So, if I uncheck that option then the sequence will run and the job will not get aborted due to warnings.Is that right ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, not right. You'll need to run the job in question as I noted in my first reply so that you can run it with unlimited warning allowed. That or "fix" the job so the warnings are reduced or eliminated. Or perhaps just demote them with a message handler.
-craig