repository migration from one server to another

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ascen
Premium Member
Premium Member

repository migration from one server to another

Post by ascen »

Hi All,

I have working copy of IS 8.1 on my server, repository layer is installed on the same server on MSSQL 2005. I want to migrate the repository to another physical server, also on MSSQL2005.
Would such migration work? How to do that?

Thanks in advance
kandyshandy
Participant

Re: repository migration from one server to another

Post by kandyshandy »

It will work as for as the servers are connected to communicate with each other. Please check migration documentation.
ascen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ascen »

i've found a migration documantation from 7.x to 8.x
But it doesn't cover my concern
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Please open a case with IBM support or wait for others' opinion.

My view.. After migration of the repository server to another physical server, you may have to install Metadata REPOSITORY LAYER of IBM Information Server on the new server and configure.

As per the documentation, If layers are installed on different computers, then the order of installation should be
1. Metadata repository
2. Domain layer
3. Engine layer
Kandy
Premium Member

Re: repository migration from one server to another

Post by rameshDHL »

From your question i can understand that you want to move xmeta repository from one server to different physical SQL Server 2005. In this case you do not need to re-install the xmeta on new SQL Server, just migrate the database to new physical (bakup the database and restore it in new server) server and configure the Information Server to point to new physical server.

Some configuration files are holding the physical name (ip address & port number of database server) of the repository server and passwords are encrypted in config files (.xml & .properties). We need to change the new database server details in the connection descriptor files in config files.

I would suggest you to contact IBM and get the steps to migrate the repository.

Regards
Ramesh