Strange error with TD Connector in DS v8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Strange error with TD Connector in DS v8

Post by bcarlson »

We have a simple read from a Teradata table that is failing with this error messages:
td_shaw_acct_trnsl: [IIS-CONN-TERA-005001] Internal error (CC_TeraDBStmtParamDecimal::CC_TeraDBStmtParamDecimal, file CC_TeraDBStmtParam.cpp, line 3,007) [pxbridge.C:2833]
tsort_cust_acct_id_R: Sort key field not found: cust_acct_id [sort/tsort.C:968]
tsort_cust_acct_id_R.td_shaw_acct_trnsl_Part: Error when checking operator: Key field "cust_acct_id" was not found in the view-adapted input schema [keygroup/keygroup.C:985]
I can't find information in the documentation about what this error (IIS-CONN-TERA-005001) means. Any suggestions about where to look?

As for the rest, they don't make sense either. The query:

Code: Select all

SELECT
in_cust_acct_id as cust_acct_id,
        out_cust_acct_id,
        opr_account_nr,
        cast('x' as char(1)) as translated
FROM 
d_eiw_i_v_cust_01.shaw_acct_trnsl
... specifies the cust_acct_id field that the next stage (tsort_cust_acct_id_R) is looking for. No datatype changes. The tsort has the cust_acct_id field defined explicitly in the input tab so that we can use it to hash partition.

????

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

Error when checking operator: Key field "cust_acct_id" was not found in the view-adapted input schema [keygroup/keygroup.C:985]

can't say much without knowing what the next stage in the job design is?
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

... specifies the cust_acct_id field that the next stage (tsort_cust_acct_id_R) is looking for. No datatype changes. The tsort has the cust_acct_id field defined explicitly in the input tab so that we can use it to hash partition
As mentioned, the next stage is a tsort. tdconn -> tsort...

Brad.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

By the way, this is fixed. There is a patch that was installed (E125205) that allows TD Connector to deal with large decimals (>18 digits) that got wacked. We are dealing with a server in flux - it is a recent install so many items on the server are getting patched and updated, and this particular patch for DS got corrupted at some point. We backed it out, reapplied, and it worked.

Brad.