explicit decimal point in CFF

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

munch9
Premium Member
Premium Member

explicit decimal point in CFF

Post by munch9 »

I am using a CFF stage to read a binary file taken from a mainframe platform.

The problem I have is that some fields contain numeric values with an explicit decimal point and I am unable to find a way to read the values correctly.

Using Fileaid to read the original mainframe dataset I can specify PIC +9(4).9(2). but if i try and import this to datastage it gives an error and seems to only accept PIC S9(4)V9(2) which means an implied decimal point.

Can someone please tell me if/how data in this format can be read directly or if I need to find a workaround to remove the decimal point or read the data in two parts.

Thanks
chaks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chaks »

I am not sure may be this will work.
If the field is not packed try to import as char(add decimal separator and sign bit to the length).That should work.Just use a transformer and remove the decimal point.from there it will be easy i guess.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

That works. I defined this kind of columns as VarChar and manipulated the data within transformer basing on whether I have '+' sign or '-' sign.

Good Luck,

Aruna.
munch9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by munch9 »

Thanks for the responses,

Reading as char and converting to decimal works.