TD Connector rowcount and array size

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

TD Connector rowcount and array size

Post by bcarlson »

We are getting a warning in the TD connector:
td_shaw_acct_trnsl,0: [IIS-CONN-TERA-005010] The estimated row length of 86 bytes multiplied by the array size of 2,000 is 172,000 which exceeds the maximum buffer size of 64,260
Based on other posting we know there is a hard limit of 64260. We have also updated the row count and array size from 2000/2000 (defaults) to 2300 and 575 and eliminated this warning.

However, we have thousands of jobs to convert from DB2 to Teradata. I don't want to have to modify this value for every single job unless I really have to.

We have rerun the job with the defaults (2000, 2000) and the output appears to be correct. What is the impact of the warning? What happens if we leave the defaults for everything?

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

Well if its not dropping any rows should not be a problem. i would either suppress the warning from the director or write a shell script to replace these values.
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

In the case of the bulk access method (TPT), you don't need to worry about the warning. Although the TPT has a hard limit of 64260 on its internal buffer, realistically you don't need to worry about overflowing that buffer. The connector sends each row to the TPT individually, and the TPT will flush that buffer to the server before the 64260 limit is exceeded.

But in the case of immediate access, you should worry about that warning. You can get a CLIv2 350 error if the size of the data ends up exceeding the maximum parcel size.