Teradata Connector and sync table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Teradata Connector and sync table

Post by bcarlson »

We are on DataStage v8.0.1 and trying to get Teradata Connector to work. The documentation talks about the Parallel Synchronization and the sync table, but I can't find info about what the sync table is? It isn't the terasync table because I tried that and it failed:
Teradata_Connector_60: Property /Usage/ParallelSynchronization/SyncTable: The name d_eiw_w_t_work_01.terasync is reserved for the Teradata Enterprise stage [pxbridge.C:546]
It isn't a data table, like in the DB2 Ent Stage and its partitioning table. So what is it? Is there a specific name to use or can we name it anything?

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

There table is somewhat similar to Tera_Sync table, but Tera_sync table is only used for Teradata Enterrpise stage. You can give any name like TPT_Terasync, this table once create you will see that Tera_Sync table feilds are a subset of this table it also contain some more fields. You can give one name across a whole project, or different for each job depending on your business logic if you want to maintain the log or not
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Thanks, that worked.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.