Email Notification

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Email Notification

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

I have sequencer job . I had two command activities, in command tab I provided command: test -s and parameter tab I provided the file name and in second command activity I did the same thing to check whether second file exists or not. And I had sequencer activity and last I had email notification activity. In attachment Iam attaching file1 and file2 . My problem here is if there is no data in file1 and there is a data in file2 . Iam getting a warning in email saying cannot open attachment file file1 and with .dat attachment. I dont want that warning and .dat extension file in my email. Is there way I can eliminate that warning.

Thanks,
Somaraju.
somaraju
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you want to continue to use the Notification Activity stage, then the only way to not have that warning is to ensure both files exist. That or use multiple stages, one for each combination of existence.

That our write your own email routine that knows that one or both attachments may not exist and handles them accordingly.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers