CFF Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

CFF Stage

Post by pravin1581 »

I am using a CFF stage to to read a file generated from COBOL, I generated the table defintion from COBOL copy book and using it in CFF stage. I loaded the table defination with "As-is" option.

1. When I try viewing the data with "Enable all group column selection" in Output->Selection Page <<not checked>> , the output records are duplicated 6 times.

2. When I try viewing the data with "Enable all group column selection" in Output->Selection Page <<checked>> , the output records are coming correct without duplicates but i get the below error after I map column in the input to output in the next transformer stage.

Error parsing field list; expected comma, got ..

Sequential_File_19: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "CHD_ACCOUNT_NUMBER".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "CHDHD_VD_NO_CYC_DEL".

The template of the job is

CFF -> Transformer -> Seq File

Note -
1. The input records are huge and I can not use Sort to remove duplicates with approach 1. I also have a huge set of columns.
2. I am also not getting the data properly when I flatten all arrays.

Please help.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Somewhere the schema became incompatible with data. Make sure your output schema has all the columns you are trying to map.

Just a manual comparison of data with fields in the output column should help you.

Because usually formatting arrays is simple with CFF stage. Usually it is the Comp fields mapping that tease your brain.