Dataset does not shows the columns

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

premupdate
Participant

Dataset does not shows the columns

Post by premupdate »

Hi All,

The job design is as follows
dataset
|
|
|
dataset------->lookup------>dataset(target)
(I dont know to put the diagram exactly, dataset is looked up with another dataset)

In the column definition on the target dataset there is a column named "AR_PRIM_PYMT_TP_DT".The rows ran fine.But when i tried to view the dataset it shows
" Error executing View Data command:

##E TOPK 000000 12:25:57(027) <_PEEK_IDENT_> Input dataset does not have field: "AR_PRIM_PYMT_TP_DT"....."

I tried to look the columns in dataset management but the column"AR_PRIM_PYMT_TP_DT" is not there.

I tried by checking "Runtime column propagation" in the administrator,but in vain. Please help me to resolve the problem
Cheers,
prem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Dataset does not shows the columns

Post by ray.wurlod »

premupdate wrote:(I dont know to put the diagram exactly, dataset is looked up with another dataset)lem
Surround your diagram with Code tags and use Preview until you get it right.
premupdate also wrote:##E TOPK 000000 12:25:57(027) <_PEEK_IDENT_> Input dataset does not have field: "AR_PRIM_PYMT_TP_DT"....."

I tried to look the columns in dataset management but the column"AR_PRIM_PYMT_TP_DT" is not there.
Gosh, consistent results!
premupdate also wrote:I tried by checking "Runtime column propagation" in the administrator,but in vain.
Checking this in the Administrator has no effect whatsoever, it merely sets the default for subsequently-designed jobs.

You have to do some detective work. If, as you claim, the column is in the target Data Set stage, and if the job ran successfully (on which fact you were suspiciously silent), then the column should be there. If, on the other hand, the Data Set was created by an earlier version of the job, or by a different job, that lacked this column then I would expect to see the symptom you have described.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
premupdate
Participant

Post by premupdate »

Code: Select all

dataset 
                 |
                 |
                 |
                 |
dataset------lookup--------dataset

This is my actual job design.
Cheers,
prem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Prefer

Code: Select all

dataset1
                 | 
                 | 
                 | 
                 | 
dataset0------lookup--------dataset2
Now tell us which one is generating the problem.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
premupdate
Participant

Post by premupdate »

The dataset 2 is the problem.
Cheers,
prem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post either the generated OSH or the score for this job. We need to verify that the record schemas are correct.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

The schema defintion is not matching.....that is what i believe.