Import of modified table structure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tsktsk123
Participant

Import of modified table structure

Post by tsktsk123 »

Hi,

can someone help me to understand is there way we can avoid losing of the mapping when we import the new table structure in oracle stage.

In our project they made some table level change, so we have updated the table structures by importing the modified structure but we lost whatever mapping we had with the other stage. Just want to know if we can retain the mapping and manually add mapping to the newly added columns.

Also i want to know is there a way in which we can automatically migrate the table changes to all the jobs which used that table when we import the updated table structure for the same table. We use the same table in mutiple jobs when there is a change everytime we need to modify all the jobs to reflect the change.

Thanks in advance

regards,
kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is a deficiency in DataStage metadata management, in my opinion. The only way to reconnect the linkages is manually (or build a tool, which is the same thing) and that, in turn, requires a systematic methodology of preserving the linkage information before importing the new table definition.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.