SAP R/3 and BW Client Stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sigma
Premium Member
Premium Member

SAP R/3 and BW Client Stages

Post by sigma »

Hi

<B>On our development server (datacld) </B>

Server software version 8.0.1
Fix Pack 1a

Client also has the client software and Fix Pack 1a

The SAP BW client (4.3.1) and SAP R3 client (6.0) are installed on the client ( which is on a citrix host)

We are able to use the SAP packs just fine

<B>On our test server (datacld) </B>

We have

Server Software version 8.0.1
Fix Pack 1a
RU13

Client is the same as above as we are using the same client via citrix to access the test and development server

IN essence we are accessing a client with fixpack 1a and NOT RU13 to access the test server which has the fix pack 1a and RU13.

< B> My problem</B>

When i connect to my test server using the client i can see the packs on the palette but the icons are disabled. When i go to customize the palette isee them enabled but it is disabled on the palette preventing me from using it.

Has anybody encountered or run into this issue before

We can upgrade our datacld or development server to have RU13 and they will be sync but most importantly i thought the RU packs are really INFOMATION ANALYZER fixes and that datastage and quality stage is really more of fixpack1a

Please let us know if you have run into this before

Arvind
sigma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sigma »

IBM support helped us out with this issue

Apparently there are some core libraries that needs to be present for AIX version and those were missing.

We have install those library files first before running the install.

In other words this was a case of not installing properly

Thanks to all who took time to read this

Arvind