how to export DS category from windows command prompt

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

singhald
Participant

how to export DS category from windows command prompt

Post by singhald »

Hi all ,

I am able to export entire project from window client's command prompt using the below dsexport command.

dsexport.exe /H=hostname /U=username /P=password /O=omitflag project pathname1

now could someone tell me how can I export job for a perticuler category not entire project .

regards,
Last edited by singhald on Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't. The dsexport command exports the entire project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

sorry to ask this question.

but if you know please tell us, how datastage able to do export job by selecting single category.

Thanks
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I know of no way (apart from using the client) to export the contents of a category. However you may like to search DSXchange.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

singhald wrote:but if you know please tell us, how datastage able to do export job by selecting single category.
Because that capability is built into the GUI. Doesn't mean there has to be a command line equivalent... and there isn't.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
poonam12
Participant

dsexport.exe path

Post by poonam12 »

Hi All,
Can you please help me with path where dsexport.exe can be found. We access datastage server through citrix, which is on an unix server. Therefore, there is no client installation on our systems. I have checked in server installation directory: /DataStageApp751_dac/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin

I could find dsjob.exe in this directory but not dsexport. Can you please help if I am missing upon something.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to look wherever the client is installed, not the server.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
poonam12
Participant

Post by poonam12 »

We access server through citrix, so no client installation on our systems. Can you please help me with where should I look for to check for client installation...
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

poonam12 wrote:We access server through citrix, so no client installation on our systems. Can you please help me with where should I look for to check for client installation...

you can't directly access the server through citrix. :twisted: some where you click on designer icon to open it. on the same system searh for the exe file.

In case you use citrix server the client is installed on that server only. try searching that file there.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
poonam12
Participant

Post by poonam12 »

[quote="priyadarshikunal"][quote="poonam12"]We access server through citrix, so no client installation on our systems. Can you please help me with where should I look for to check for client installation...[/quote]

you can't directly access the server through citrix. :twisted: some where you click on designer icon to open it. on the same system searh for the exe file.

In case you use citrix server the client is installed on that server only. try searching that file there.[/quote]

Yes I want help for the path on that server where i should fond exe.
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

Mine is under the path:
C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.