creating a CFF with "redefines"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kapil_333
Participant

creating a CFF with "redefines"

Post by kapil_333 »

Hi,
I'm writing the code to replace a Mainframe job with a DS parallel job. In which I have to create the CFF file with "redefines" in it. But the job is not geting validated.

ERROR:
Complex_Flat_File_10: Error when checking operator: Export validation failed.
Complex_Flat_File_10: Error when checking operator: At field "U600_RX_FILL_INFORMATION": At field "U600_DATE_FILL": "redefines" property cannot appear in an export schema
Error when checking operator: At field "U600_RX_FILL_INFORMATION": At field "U600_DATE_WRITTEN": "redefines" property cannot appear in an export schema

Is is possible to to do so?
Pls Help....... :roll:
NJOY......!!!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Obviously, "redefines" are not allowed, the error message clearly states that. Have you searched the forums, this isn't the first time someone has asked this question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

Post by hitmanthesilentassasin »

craig I tried searching the forum but with no luck. well, It does mention that redefines are not allowed there but doesnt really give any clues like why not(I have already checked the level is the same, the length is equal to what is being redefined). Would it be possible for you to help?

Thanks!!!