Could not connect to datasource ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jseclen
Participant

Could not connect to datasource ODBC

Post by jseclen »

Hi Forum,

I was testing a job in my pc and appear this message when try to view data in the ODBC stage:

Error executing View Data command: :shock:

##F TDOD 000004 11:28:11(034) <main_program> Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

This job was working ok, but, that is not the problem, i open the job from other pc and i can view data !!!!

Anybody has an answer for this case????

:?:
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's different about your PC?

Does it work after you re-boot your PC?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jseclen
Participant

Post by jseclen »

Hi Ray,

This pc isn't different from the others workstation. i reboot the pc but the message error continue.
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
RThangaraj
Participant

Possible causes

Post by RThangaraj »

[Hi,

This might be due to two reasons
1. The ODBC DSN is not setup on your system from where you are trying to access the JOB (System DSN). Make sure that you have admin access to setup the DSN on your PC.
2. Your profile with which you are connecting is not having access to the .odbc.ini file in the UNIX box.
Thanks & Regards,
Raj
RThangaraj
Participant

Possible causes

Post by RThangaraj »

[Hi,

This might be due to two reasons
1. The ODBC DSN is not setup on your system from where you are trying to access the JOB (System DSN). Make sure that you have admin access to setup the DSN on your PC.
2. Your profile with which you are connecting is not having access to the .odbc.ini file in the UNIX box.
Thanks & Regards,
Raj
4492_dsnoel
Participant

Post by 4492_dsnoel »

try to create a data source name(DSN) in your pc(under ODBC Data Source Administrator).. test connect to the DB that you are trying to connect if there is an error... make sure that you are admin(member in the admin group) in your PC
Think BIG,start small & skills FAST...
jseclen
Participant

Re: Possible causes

Post by jseclen »

Hi Raj, thanks for your comments.
The conection was seted in the .odbc.ini, in the pc nothing. I dont need to set an ODBC dns in the pc because the server is running on the unix box.
and the user is the same when connect in the differentes pcs.
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
RThangaraj
Participant

Re: Possible causes

Post by RThangaraj »

Hi,

Make sure that the other PC doesn't have any client tools for connecting to the Database - Since this is DataDirect Driver - it might be using some client library files from the local system. Refer to the following link also from DataDirect KB.

http://cp-datadirect.talismaonline.com/ ... e=3352&p=4
Thanks & Regards,
Raj