Downstream stages throwing warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Downstream stages throwing warning

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,
I have converted the decimal cols to string cols using the string_from_decimal in modify stage. The metadata on the target is string[12] and hence the output of the modify page i have given the metadata as string[12]. There are no warnings thrown in the modify stage but the down stream stage has a transformer which show the following error ...... When the input to the transformer carries a higher width metadata and when the transformer writes to the target with the lower width metadata it throws

Code: Select all

implicit conversion from string to string[12] warning 
MY design is like this

Code: Select all

CFF ----->Modify( Renaming +String_from_source )---->Transformer-->target
There is no warning from the modify stage but there are error in the transformer stage ....

I would like to avoid these warnings as when i unit test these jobs they should be in the finished state ... Any help please
Regards
Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't convert from an unbounded string to a bounded string or from a larger string to a smaller string without an appropriate function and without a Modify stage additional Specification of NOWARN.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.