need unix command to kill active client connections

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

need unix command to kill active client connections

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi All,
During datastage restart we need to kill all active datastage cilent connections running on the server.But some of the connections takes time to close.....it goes into FIN_WAIT state...so can someone tell me the reasons for that and what are the unix commands to kill the active connections......???
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you know how to identify "active connections"? That would be a mandatory first step - I should have thought - before even thinking about killing them. The best way, of course, is to contact the owners of those sessions and ask them to close them. The next best way is to identify the client connections, through a combination of LIST.READU and LISTU commands and queries against the DS_LICENSE table. And they ought never to be killed with UNIX commands; there is a utility in Director for logging processes out, and a DataStage administrator command available from the DS.TOOLS menu.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or just wait. How much time does it take for them to close? I typically am able to restart within 10 minutes or so.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers