Differenct between Load and Insert in Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sureshabbisetti
Participant

Differenct between Load and Insert in Oracle

Post by sureshabbisetti »

Hi

I am facing problem with Load option while loading from source table(oracle 10g) to target table (oracle9i). I have selected write method as load & truncate. In this situation job got aborted and returned the error sqldr 256. But the same job tried with insert option. The job was successfully executed and loaded the data.

Thanks
Suresh
coface
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Differenct between Load and Insert in Oracle

Post by coface »

sureshabbisetti wrote:Hi

I am facing problem with Load option while loading from source table(oracle 10g) to target table (oracle9i). I have selected write method as load & truncate. In this situation job got aborted and returned the error sqldr 256. But the same job tried with insert option. The job was successfully executed and loaded the data.

Thanks
Suresh
See Oracle Metalink 444663.1 for details.

"The client version must be the same or earlier than the server version, and both must be 9i or later for direct path load. Therefore,direct path load cannot be used to load data from 10g client into 9i database. In addition, a direct path load from 9.2 client into 9.0.1 database is not supported"