Save AS Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdevper
Premium Member
Premium Member

Save AS Problem

Post by dsdevper »

I am trying to save a job with different name using SAVE AS but it is returning an error
"Unable to save Edit serv.Impl.jobDefnImpl@5ed01923"..

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe you don't have INSERT privilege to the relevant XMETA table, or maybe you are using a job name that is not valid.

Unfortunately "they" have not given us access to the source or listing code for Edit serv.Impl.jobDefnImpl so we can't work out what's supposed to be happening at address 0x5ed01923 - therefore this is one for your official support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsdevper
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsdevper »

Thanks Ray..
deanwalker
Participant

Re: Save AS Problem

Post by deanwalker »

There have been a couple of patches for SaveAs issues, usually related to the size of certain fields being saved. Contact support with more details about your job,
dsdevper wrote:I am trying to save a job with different name using SAVE AS but it is returning an error
"Unable to save Edit serv.Impl.jobDefnImpl@5ed01923"..

Thanks
dsdevper
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsdevper »

I recompiled the job and tried save as option its working fine.i think it is causing problem when i am trying to save the job that is not compiled to reflect the rescent modifications.

i mean the excutable code and new modified job deffers.so it may be the reason.
but i am not sure.

please let me know if there is another reason