mqread work queue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

mqread work queue

Post by John Smith »

We have just started working with MQ. Of interest is the mqread stage.The stage expects a Work Queue but when we use a regular QLOCAL queue the job will fail to open the work queue

MQRead_157,0: Connected to queue manager MQDX1011
MQRead_157,0: opened source queue IIS.WORK.QUEUE
MQRead_157,0: workQueue::open ended with reason code : 2085
MQRead_157,0: Seconds 1.21999e+09 BROWSE= 1 1 COMMIT= 0 0 S->P = 0 0 P->R = 0 0 DELETE= 0 0 PUT = 0 0 GET = 0 0
MQRead_157,0: workQueue::get ended with reason code 2085

It can open the Source Queue without any problems. So what should we use as Work Queue? Please advise.

JS
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

Given that there is no reply, I supposed it's one of those too hard basket or no one's used the mqread stage before. :?
I have got a workaround and if anyone's interested they can pm me.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

The MQRead was a special adaptation that was done a while back to support coordination with the Unit of Work operator, and I haven't used it in years --- can't even remember the properties that it requests and thought we only made it available for special services projects. The MQConnector in 8.x has a similar concept, and I've used it in testing the upcoming DTS (Distributed Transaction Stage). It uses the the same concept of removing messages from the true "source" queue and putting them into a work queue..... I haven't had any problems identifying the work queue in those situations...I'll check my notes, but if I recall, it was just another normal queue at the same Queue Manager, in support of a local unit of work so that the message is safely moved to another persistent location in case something bad happens downstream.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

Thanks Ernie. In our implementation the idea was to use the Unit of Work so that the mq read and writing to the database is treated as one unit of work. mq connector works fine for us as it does not rely on having a work queue.
vvsmk
Participant

Re: mqread work queue

Post by vvsmk »

i am new to this forum and i feel i can help you with this but not sure how much it can count to you check wether you have the same settings.