Not able to read data from DB2 API stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Not able to read data from DB2 API stage

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi All ,
I am using DB2 API stage to read a mainframe tables . My job design is as below :

DB2 API ----->> Transformer ------>>> Oracle enterprise stage

There are 6 jobs like these extracting data from different tables and loading data into corresponding target tables . Apart from one job all jobs are working fine .

In one particular job , I am getting warning message like

Unable to set output decimal field value from argument string ' ' in function setOutputFieldAsDecimal() for field '0' in output dataset '1'.

Because of this i am not able to load the data .There are 5000 rows in the source . Job is running successfully but 0 rows are inserted .
In source there is a field : field1 DECIMAL type .When i viewed the data in DB2 API stage I am able to view ,But there is an empty string in that decimal field . Is this causing any problem ? My target table also its defined as decimal .
Request you all to help in solving this issue .

Thank you all
Nag
Nag
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi

First change the datatype in source from Decimal into Varchar and try to view the data. If you can able to view the data then use source as Varchar and convert using transform function string to Timestamp.

I hope this will work.

Thanks
Man
gnan_gun
Participant

Re: Not able to read data from DB2 API stage

Post by gnan_gun »

When ur source having Null values then u should Nullhandle in transformer.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please maintain a professional standard of written English on DSXchange.

DSXchange is not a mobile telephony device; there is no need to use these SMS-style abbreviations, which are singularly unhelpful for those whose first language is not English (nor even for some of us whose is!).

Ur was a city of ancient Babylonia. U is a common Burmese name and, indeed, the name of one of our posters. Are you offering U advice? If not, please use the second person personal pronoun which is spelled "you" in English; its possessive form is spelled "your".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.