Metadata Problem while extracting from oracle 9i table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hhh
Participant

Metadata Problem while extracting from oracle 9i table

Post by hhh »

Hi All,

Could you pleaese guide me on following issue of metadata :

While extracting data from oracle(9i) table , getting following warning messages :
1) Orcl_Valid_Stat_Extract: Column SEQUENCE_JOB_ID floating point decimal is not fully supported; adjusting the scale.

2) Orcl_Valid_Stat_Extract: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "SEQUENCE_JOB_ID" to field "SEQUENCE_JOB_ID": Implicit conversion from source type "decimal[38,10]" to result type "decimal[38,0]": Possible precision limitation

Metadata for the "SEQUENCE_JOB_ID" is decimal(38) while describing table. Have put metadata for "SEQUENCE_JOB_ID" is decimal(38) only.There is no luck while changing the metadata as decimal(38,10).
While loading "SEQUENCE_JOB_ID" in table it does not throw any warning message with decimal(38).

Could you please suggest your inputs to solve this issue.

Thanks In Advance
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

Can you please disable your smiles?
Try to CAST your field to Number(n) in your SQL and use Integer(n) as your data type.

On CAST the field to Decimal(38,10) in SQL and in transformer take the value just before '.' by using Field function.

Let us know your results please.
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Import the table definition using Orchestrate orchdbutil. Use the imported table definition without modification.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Hi,

Same warnings after importing metadata from Orchestrate orchdbutil for that particular table.

Thanks & Regards, HHH

[quote="ray.wurlod"]Import the table definition using Orchestrate orchdbutil. Use the imported table definition without modification. ...[/quote]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you also update the link from the table definition in your repository into your job - effectively re-load the table definition into your job? If not, you would expect the error to persist - this linkage is not maintained automatically.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Yes, Removed the old table difination completely and import the new defination in repository and in to job also.

[quote="ray.wurlod"]Did you also update the link from the table definition in your repository into your job - effectively re-load the table definition into your job? If not, you would expect the error to persist - this ...[/quote]