funnel sequential files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saikiran
Premium Member
Premium Member

funnel sequential files

Post by saikiran »

I have five seqential files with some common filelds.All the sequential files have different metadata.The objective of my job is to append these seuentilal files one below the other to create a file layout of specific format.
I have to use a funnel stage to combine these seuential files.How can I perform the job with all different sequential file each with different metadata.

Thank you
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why do you "have to use a Funnel stage" - is this some kind of examination? The Funnel stage requires IDENTICAL metadata on all of its inputs, so you would have to construct these based on your five different sets of metadata. And what fields are required in the output, and from which input file(s) are they sourced? What if the same field exists in two or more if the input files - after all, you've said that there are some "common" fields - which one should be used?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
changming
Participant

Re: funnel sequential files

Post by changming »

saikiran wrote:I have five seqential files with some common filelds.All the sequential files have different metadata.The objective of my job is to append these seuentilal files one below the other to create a file layout of specific format.
I have to use a funnel stage to combine these seuential files.How can I perform the job with all different sequential file each with different metadata.

Thank you
Sai
You can use funnel, but you have to change the meta data to make every incoming records have the name meta.