Parameter Set Parameter Override Not Propagated

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parameter Set Parameter Override Not Propagated

Post by Mike »

I have a developer that reported the following issue:

Parallel job utilizes a parameter set comprised of regular job parameters. Sequence job has the same parameter set added to its job properties. The job activity within the job sequence sets the controlled job's parameter value (e.g. PSET = PSET).

When the job sequence is run from the director client, an override value is entered for one of the parameters within the parameter set.

The job log for the job sequence indicates that the override value was accepted; however, the job log for the controlled parallel job indicates that it used its compiled in defaults.

We were expecting that the override value should have been passed from the job sequence to the controlled job.

Is this a bug?

I haven't had a chance to test various scenarios with parameter sets in controlled jobs.

My anticipated workaround: Don't include parameters with frequently changing values in a parameter set since it appears that a controlled job will always use its compiled in defaults.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm fairly certain that that has been reported as a bug here. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

There is a patch available for this issue, contact your support provider.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Thanks all.

This is a bug, and there is a client patch that fixes this issue.
dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Parameter Set Parameter Override Not Propagated

Post by dsrules »

I am facing with the same problem of not able to override the values in parameter set. Can somebody help me with this. Can you provide me with the patch numberif its a bug.

Thanks
Mike wrote:I have a developer that reported the following issue:

Parallel job utilizes a parameter set comprised of regular job parameters. Sequence job has the same parameter set added to its job properties. The job activity within the job sequence sets the controlled job's parameter value (e.g. PSET = PSET).

When the job sequence is run from the director client, an override value is entered for one of the parameters within the parameter set.

The job log for the job sequence indicates that the override value was accepted; however, the job log for the controlled parallel job indicates that it used its compiled in defaults.

We were expecting that the override value should have been passed from the job sequence to the controlled job.

Is this a bug?

I haven't had a chance to test various scenarios with parameter sets in controlled jobs.

My anticipated workaround: Don't include parameters with frequently changing values in a parameter set since it appears that a controlled job will always use its compiled in defaults.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
Premium Member

Re: Parameter Set Parameter Override Not Propagated

Post by dsrules »

I am facing with the same problem of not able to override the values in parameter set from a sequence job. Can somebody help me with this. Can you provide me with the patch numberif its a bug.

Thanks
Mike wrote:I have a developer that reported the following issue:

Is this a bug?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Post by deanwalker »

e118296, ask about superceding patches too.