Filter and Join Stage: without Data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthilt1
Participant

Filter and Join Stage: without Data

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi All,

I have a job where am using join stages , the input to join stage is empty file..the output of this first join is used as input to the second join. when i run the job i am getting the error like this

Syntax error: Error in "join" operator: Error in output redirection: Error in output parameters: Error in modify adapter: Error in binding: Could not find type: "subrec", line 131

simillarly in other job am using filter component with no inp data throws this error,

Syntax error: Error in "filter" operator: Error in output redirection: Error in output parameters: Error in modify adapter: Error in binding: Could not find type: "subrec", line 131

Please help me to resolve this,

Thanks,
SenthilP
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Post your score, so we can see where the modify operators are.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Ray,

What do you mean by score ray? I dont know where to get this info..could you please give some info on this.

Thanks,

Senthil P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You really do need to learn about the score - it's the single most useful diagnostic tool for parallel jobs. It's the osh that's actually run (which is almost certainly not the osh from your design). To get the score, set the environment variable APT_DUMP_SCORE. The score is the most recent entry in the job log whose subject contains "step has N datasets".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.