how to run a job or sequencer in unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumarb.suneel
Participant

how to run a job or sequencer in unix

Post by kumarb.suneel »

dear members can any one please let me know how to run a job or sequencer in unix environment.what is the syntax for running a job in unix.
thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

The DataStage command line interface is the dsjob command. You can find this documented in the Server Job Developers Guide and in the Parallel Job Advanced Developers Guide - in either case search for "command line interface".

Search on DSXchange for examples of use and prerequisites (such as sourcing the dsenv script, setting environment variables, and so on).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumarb.suneel
Participant

Post by kumarb.suneel »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard.

The DataStage command line interface is the dsjob command. You can find this documented in the Server Job Developers Guide and in the Parallel Job Advanced Develop ...

hello Mr.ray thanks for ur response so dsjob is the commans used is execute the ds job in unix. can u please elaborate what is the syntax for dajob command.thank u again.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Read the guides Ray mentioned, it is fully documented there. You can also just type 'dsjob' at the command line and get normal usage information like any other command. Lastly, search the forums.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

kumarb.suneel wrote:hello Mr.ray thanks for ur response so dsjob is the commans used is execute the ds job in unix. can u please elaborate what is the syntax for dajob command.thank u again.
Ur was a city in ancient Babylon, and U is the name of one of our participants (it's a fairly common Burmese name). The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you" and its possessive form "your".
Please maintain a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, it helps those whose first language is not English.

Nor is it necessary to quote all, or indeed any, of a previous post unless it's directly relevant; that post will continue to exist on the thread and overquoting simply wastes space on the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumarb.suneel
Participant

Post by kumarb.suneel »

hello Mr ray.wurlod
i am really sorry i really didn't mean it.i really apologise and i will never repeat it again.i am new to daxchange so that i used quotes.i will improve myself in using dsxchange.thank you.