Remove Duplicate Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Remove Duplicate Error

Post by iwin »

Hi,
I have a job which sources from database table with order by key column and then i have transformer and then remove duplicate stage which keeps last and then writes them to dataset. This job used to run before sucessfully but not i am getting the following error in the log:

Code: Select all

Type: Fatal
   Event: APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
   Event: APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Tsort merger aborting: Scratch space full
   Event: Remove_Duplicates_33.DSLink6_Sort,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
Type: Info
   Event: Remove_Duplicates_33.DSLink6_Sort,0: Input 0 consumed 170017 records.
   Event: Remove_Duplicates_33.DSLink6_Sort,0: Output 0 produced 0 records.
   Event: APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Pipe read failed: short read
   Event: node_node1: Player 4 terminated unexpectedly.
   Event: main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 4 - Unexpected exit status 1.
   Event: GROUP_KEYWORDS,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
   Event: GROUP_KEYWORDS,0: Output 0 produced 173880 records.
   Event: GROUP_KEYWORDS,0: Fatal Error: Unable to allocate communication resources
   Event: Remove_Duplicates_33,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
   Event: Remove_Duplicates_33,0: Input 0 consumed 0 records.
   Event: Remove_Duplicates_33,0: Output 0 produced 0 records.
   Event: Remove_Duplicates_33,0: Fatal Error: waitForWriteSignal(): Premature EOF on node dev-dwbi-app2 No such file or directory
   Event: Peek_30,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
   Event: Peek_30,0: Input 0 consumed 0 records.
   Event: Peek_30,0: Fatal Error: waitForWriteSignal(): Premature EOF on node dev-dwbi-app2 No such file or directory
   Event: node_node1: Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
   Event: main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 1 - Unexpected exit status 1.
   Event: node_node1: Player 2 terminated unexpectedly.
   Event: main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 2 - Unexpected exit status 1.
   Event: node_node1: Player 3 terminated unexpectedly.
   Event: main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 3 - Unexpected exit status 1.
   Event: main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.
   Event: main_program: Startup time, 0:06; production run time, 0:30.
Type: Control
   Event: Job FTP_MF_samplecff aborted.
Plz do let me know if guys came across same issue.

Thanks.
Every person you meet knows something you don't, Learn from them.
-- H. Jackson Brown
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Event: APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Tsort merger aborting: Scratch space full
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iwin »

Hi Chulett,
The scratch and resource disk space i am writing to is only 1% full but the datastage installation disk space is 99% full, is this causing the issue?

Please advice...
-- H. Jackson Brown
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

what is the scratch Dir? what is the size of it?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not disable operator combination and find out precisely where the error is occurring?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iwin »

ray.wurlod wrote:Why not disable operator combination and find out precisely where the error is occurring?
Thanks Ray!!! It happened to show the error at every stage when disabling the combination. We cleaned up the datastage home directory and now it works fine.
-- H. Jackson Brown
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Could you clarify what "cleaned up the DataStage home directory" means, please?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iwin »

chulett wrote:Could you clarify what "cleaned up the DataStage home directory" means, please?
Hi Craig,
In the dev box while we were running jobs that creates Datasets, i noticed that failed jobs created virtual datasets in DS home Dataset directory and were not cleaned up after next run, which filled the space on disk. So had to clean up the Datasets Directory on DS home.
I assume before that a failed job will clearall virtual dataset created after next compilation but later realized that resetting the job is the only way.

Thanks,
-- H. Jackson Brown
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's probably because you never changed the supplied configuration file, which puts both disk and scratchdisk resource into the DataStage Engine file system.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
visvacfirvin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by visvacfirvin »

Are the virtual datasets gets created in datastage home/Datasets directory?

I tried failing a job, it did not create anything there? Am I missing something here?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Virtual data sets are created in memory and their control files (xyz.v) are created in the project directory, being automatically deleted when the job ends.
visvacfirvin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by visvacfirvin »

Oh! Thanks Ray.

So if config file is not supplied, then it uses the default space. But it should have cleared it right? So he was actually referring to normal datasets instead of virtual datasets. Am I correct?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, you're not right. Persistent Data Sets (the non-virtual kind) are not cleared. However, the original question relates to scratch disk, which might be used for any kind of temporary file, including "paging space" for virtual Data Sets. Scratch space *should* be cleared automatically but may not be if the job aborts. And the available space in the scratch disk when the job is not running is no good guide to how much is used when the job is running.