Performance Statistics in designer With Oracle database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Performance statistics" in Designer are only cosmetic anyway (prefer to rely on the row counts available through Monitor). Did you enable display of these (from the Diagram menu) for this job?

You might also post your job design, so we can see what other stages may be involved. For example, if you have a Copy stage preceding the Oracle stage, and the Copy stage is optimized out when the score is composed, then you will never see row count on the output of the Copy stage (because no copy operator is executed).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rpdeepak.kumar
Participant

Post by rpdeepak.kumar »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes its enable in the tool. Only thing when ever i use Oracle stage ,it not showing the Performance statistics. I thing it may due to oracle connection problem to datastage.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If the job runs successfully, what 'Oracle connection problem' could you be having? Post your job design, listing all stages in it, so we know what other stages are in play.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No idea. What does your job log tell you about the connection?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No idea. What does your job log tell you about the connection?

Unless you are using Oracle for the XMETA common metadata repository, Oracle connections and performance statistics should be completely unrelated.