Teradata Connector Stage Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shershahkhan
Participant

Teradata Connector Stage Error

Post by shershahkhan »

Hi,
I am getting some strange error while try to connect Teradata Connector stage, when i give the connection details and hit the test connection it gives me this message.
An exception occurred while trying to receive the response from the handler: An exception was received from the handler: error loading connector library libcctera.so 0509-022 connot load module
/ds8_ade/inforationServer......./libcctera.so
0509-150 Dependent Module libtelapi.so could not be loaded
0509-022 cannot load module libtelapi.so
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist
0509-022 connot load module /ds8_ade/informationServer...../libcctera.so.
0509-150 Dependent module ....libcctera.so could not be loaded[/img]
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have you got the right Teradata client software installed? From memory there were several Teradata packages to install to get this working.
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

Yes all the utilities are installed correctly, and for the moment i am just checking if connection could be established or not, but it not working. I have TeradataV12 and Datastage V8, Teradata Enterprise stage Teradata MLOAD stage etc are working fine but not Teradata Connector stage
toshea
Participant

Teradata Connector requires the Parallel Transporter

Post by toshea »

You need to install the Teradata Parallel Transporter which can be found on the Load-Unload vol. 2 CD.
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

Could it be that i have TPT 12 installed and Datastage only support TPT 8.1?
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

No, libtelapi.so is the TPT API library. That library cannot be found either because you have not installed the TPT or its location is not in the LIBPATH/SHLIB_PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH. After installing the TPT, it will have placed environment variables such as TWBROOT and NLSPATH in /etc/profile and it will have modified the LIBPATH/SHLIB_PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Copy those environment variables into the dsenv, stop the ASBAgent and DataStage server, source the new dsenv, and restart the DataStage server and ASBAgent.
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

Thanks toshea, your post did the trick, the main problem was that we didn't restart ASBAgent in the first place