reading xml datatype from sqlserver

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy12
Participant

reading xml datatype from sqlserver

Post by reddy12 »

Dear Experts,

i have xml tags in a table( sqlserver).
the datatype is XML. when i imported the table definition it imports as longNvarchar in datastage and when i click viewdata, i get a error message saying datatype not supported..

how can i read xml datatype from datastage??
once i read i can parse it using xml input stage.

Appreciate any help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What happens if you change the metadata to LongVarchar?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
reddy12
Participant

Post by reddy12 »

chulett,
thanks for the reply.

just rested it.
shows the same thing.

Regards
kjanes
Participant

Post by kjanes »

I have not found any references to data type "XML" in any of the database connectors. I thought the SQL Server Enterprise Connector might support the XML datatype through an OLEDB connection but it echos the same error of "datatype not supported".

I have tried most of the character data types in the ODBC and SQL Server connectors and all get the same result. I kind of expected this because I did not find any XML data type translations to DataStage data types in the docs.

Anyone have any undocumented info on this?
Kevin Janes
kjanes
Participant

Post by kjanes »

I have not found any references to data type "XML" in any of the database connectors. I thought the SQL Server Enterprise Connector might support the XML datatype through an OLEDB connection but it echos the same error of "datatype not supported".

I have tried most of the character data types in the ODBC and SQL Server connectors and all get the same result. I kind of expected this because I did not find any XML data type translations to DataStage data types in the docs.

Anyone have any undocumented info on this?
Kevin Janes