Could not view Performance Statistics

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Could not view Performance Statistics

Post by mandyli »

Hi Experts,
Our jobs reports successful completion and data were also pulled from and loaded into target when ran. But when I click "View Performance Statistics", it is shown as if no rows were pulled and processed . Similarly when I click "Monitor" in Director, It shows that stages are in "ready" state even after being finished.

This doesn't happen during every run but it happens during some runs only.

Can anyone throw light on this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The statistics are always cleared by compilation and reset. Check that your job monitor is running. That the stages show as ready suggests that the repository status table has failed to be updated.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Jasti
Participant

Post by Jasti »

Are you running the job from a Job Sequence..?Many times I have seen that,If we run a job through a job sequence then the job will not show the performance statistics but it shows the performance statistics when ran individually..!!
Thanks,
Mohan.A.Jasti.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Ray,
Our job's are scheduled to run for every two hours. I could not view Performance statistics only in 10.00 PM run. During that run I am getting the following info. also.

[quote]Contents of phantom output file =>
DataStage Job 744 Phantom 3067
readSocket() returned 16
DataStage Phantom Finished.[/quote]
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Jasti,
Yes we are running our jobs thru Job sequnecers.
Daddy Doma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Daddy Doma »

Are your jobs multi-instance? You will not be able to see performance statistics in the master job log files, only in the instances of the job.
When you know that you are destined for greatness by virtue of your mutant heritage it is difficult to apply yourself to normal life. Why waste the effort when you know that your potential is so tremendous?
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Doma,
No, my jobs are not "Multiple Instance" Enabled