Parallel job reports failure (code 139)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

verify
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parallel job reports failure (code 139)

Post by verify »

The job aborts with the following fatal error.
RT_SC1222/OshExecuter.sh line25 :9987 Seqmentation fault (core dumped) $APT_ORCHHOME/bin/osh "$@" 2>&1

The job has run successfully previously. We do not see any issue in the code as this abort has come up after many successful previous runs. Is this in any way related to the environment variables APT_MONITOR_SIZE and APT_MONITOR_LIMIT. Request your expertise.

Thanks
RK Raju
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would suggest opening up a case with your official support provider. Core dumps can be difficult to track down and resolve.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abbss_guri
Participant

Re: Parallel job reports failure (code 139)

Post by abbss_guri »

RT_SC199/OshExecuter.sh: line 25: 457 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $APT_ORCHHOME/bin/osh "$@" 2>&1

Hi i also received similar kind of error in the job that was running fine previously. but still i am not able to find any solution to it.

Plz let me know if someone knows how to tacle it
gaurav garg
ETL developer
desmondcheah
Participant

Post by desmondcheah »

In case anyone still look at this topic, I resolve this problem by verifying the .odbc.ini file there was a missing bracket in the entry.
-Desmond
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

desmondcheah wrote:In case anyone still look at this topic, I resolve this problem by verifying the .odbc.ini file there was a missing bracket in the entry.
Hi Desmond,

I getting the above error in one of my jobs. Could you kindly provide some additional information on what modification was done on the .odbc.ini file?
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Tony, please start your own post and post the particulars of your problem, especially your ODBC entry if you think that's the problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers