DB2 Server Software

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

DB2 Server Software

Post by vinodn »

Hi,

In my project we are loading the data to target DB2 tables,

Can you please give answers below questions

1) which stage is better for connecting to DB2(DB2/UDB API or DB2/UDB Enterprise stage or DB2/UDBload)
2)I heard that DB2 connect software is needed for connecting to DB2 database by using the above stages, is it right?,we dont have DB2 connect software,is it possible to connect Db2 by using Dynamic RDBMS stage with out DB2 connect software?

3)datastage server is UNIX box and DB2 server softare is installed in Windows?how to configure link datastage server to DB2 server?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The optimal connection will be had through the DB2 Connector stage (new in version 8.0).

You should be able to connect to a local DB2 instance without the need for DB2 Connect software. But to connect from UNIX to DB2 on Windows you will need this software. Your DBA should have it, and be able to install it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.