Execution of Job on a config file with 4 nodes

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Execution of Job on a config file with 4 nodes

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi,

On the windows version datastage EE , i generally able to find default config file with 1 node.

My Datastage job consists of SEQ-->Aggr-->Dataset

I have created two more config files say Config1.apt with 2 nodes and Config2.apt with 4 nodes.

For my SEQ file stage ,i want to use Config1.apt file with 2 nodes and Aggr stage with 4 nodes .

But when i try to change the default config file with the above two different config files as per the above requirement at stage level either for SEQ file stage or Aggr stage ...I am unable to do the same because the Configuration File option is grayed(Disabled) with default config file.

In this if i need to select different new configuration files for SEQ and Aggr stages what i need to do?

Can anyone guide here?

Regards
RD
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Execution of Job on a config file with 4 nodes

Post by sud »

You have to define multiple "pools" in your configuration file.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

you have to use the 4 nodes configuration file for your job, and in pool constraint use any node for the SEQ file stage,
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Is configfile will be enabled to select different config file other than default if i define multiple pools?
RD