Anybody pls explain one complex job and critical error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsd682
Participant

Anybody pls explain one complex job and critical error

Post by dsd682 »

Hi Iam Naga

I have faced following question in interviews. But i have no answer about that question.
Any body send the solution to my question.

The question is One complex job and critical error in ur career as a ds developer.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

before that answer this:
how many jobs you have developed?
what was the most difficult error you encountered?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

dsd682 - a lot of people here are those conducting technical interviews. Many here, including myself, consider giving out answers to such interview questions to be counterproductive - "cheating", as it were; and certainly won't give out advice of this type.

It is much better to tell the truth that you don't have the experience (yet) than to be caught out in giving an answer, then upon further discussion it is determined that you really didn't understand the answer that you gave.
I would certainly consider hiring someone with little or no experience while I wouldn't consider hiring someone who lied on an interview.

If you really wish to answer this in an interview then please just search DSXchange - you will get descriptions of complex jobs and many examples of critical errors.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hey! Before posting you should have gone through the below link... :wink:
It is amazing... :)

viewtopic.php?t=94948&highlight=Interview+Question

:lol: :lol:
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)