reading file with special characters in its name

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedw
Participant

reading file with special characters in its name

Post by datastagedw »

Hello all,

I have a requirement wherein my filename has some special characters. the filename is omething like this ----'TH.ABC.FRE.12(0)'

Anyways i am able to read the file and run the job successfully if i am hardcoding the name of the file, however if i try to parameterise this file name with parameter type as string, its not working. job gets aborted. And I also tried by using the escape character, its not working.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
ETL DEVELOPER
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What are you considering 'special' characters in this case - the parens? What filename does it end up trying to open? Please post both the parameter value and what it resolves to inside the job - the actual values, not 'something like' the values.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The value received by the job can be seen in the "Job starting" message in the job log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datastagedw
Participant

special characters in the parameter

Post by datastagedw »

Hello All,

I am reopening this issue after an year. I have again come across this issue. I have a userid as abc\\read meaning that it has the escape character in it. I am able to run it when the userid is hardcoded however job gets aborted when trying to pass it as a parameter.

As suggested I checked the value being passed in the log, it seems to pass the correct value i.e, abc\\read.

Also wanted to add that all this is being done in a ftp enterprise stage

Please let me know if anyone has faced this issue.

Thanks
ETL DEVELOPER
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, but the proper thing to do is start a new post as this is completely unrelated to your original post, "special characters" or not.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers