How to change default settings of Table definition import

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeshknl
Participant

How to change default settings of Table definition import

Post by rajeshknl »

By default when you import a sequential file definition the "nullable" columun is set to "NO". I have 800 columns in my table. it is hard to change them manually. Is there a way to change the default setting to "Yes".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. The reasoning behind the default is that, in a sequential file, *something* actually has to be there, even if it is "".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, the columns can be empty but not null. Null means 'Unknown' and is a database concept not applicable to sequential files.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Hmmm... we really frown on hijacking other people's threads around here. You really should start your own conversation, even if it is related to an existing topic. And especially when it isn't.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rajeshknl
Participant

Post by rajeshknl »

I found a solution. we can export the table definition created. open it in a text editor and find and replace with you want. this works. for example i changed the nullable option to 'yes' in the text file. then you re-import that file.